- I drove cab 666. It’s semi–famous.
- I took a lady to her appointment at a Methodone clinic. She was tired of waiting for the 22.
- I took 3 guys to their respective homes in the Excelsior around 7 in the morning. They smelled of alcohol and cigarettes; I think they had finished a long evening of partying. The last guy I dropped off requested a receipt. His English was limited, but he clearly expressed his surprise that they had rode in cab #666.
- I took a couple guys visiting from Tahoe to the ICER Air event at AT&T park. They tipped really well.
- I picked up what appeared to be a transgender prostitute and her customer near Polk and Geary. We stopped by a bank so the customer could get some cash. Then I dropped them back where I picked them up because the customer was “crashing faster than an airplane” and needed another hit.
- 3 Italians were excited to visit the “outlets” downtown, which turned out to be the mall. En route they decided they wanted to see Little Italy instead.
- I took a man and his dog to a body shop to pick up his car. The shop was closed, and the man was pissed. The dog didn’t seem to care.
- Business was slow.
- I drove a van.
- I took an Australian lady to SFO. We had a great chat about failed transit in our respective cities (San Fran and Sydney).
- I took a 20-something guy back to his hotel. He was visiting from the Lake Tahoe and was also a great tipper.
- I helped a former New York i-banker move all his belongings across town to a new apartment. He now uses his finance skills to at a firm that funds green energy projects.
- I took 6 Irish guys to a sports bar on Polk. They spoke faster than I could comprehend, but the main takeaway was that they like women.